New SEO Tips and Tricks for 2019 and Beyond
Real SEO is really simple, but sometimes it can be tricky. The reason we need to go towards complex SEO along with simple SEO is the continual changes in the Google search algorithm. The internet space is getting more and more competitive and so peeking deep into the search engine operations and the way search engines change their algorithm is very important. Here are a few tricks that can make you achieve higher rankings provided you also need to understand the way works.
- Include the keywords from the Google suggest that Google suggests you when you search for any term, and also the ones in the meta descriptions of the ranking pages of your competitor sites.
- Write magnetic headlines that will hook your readers to read the full content. You get only a few seconds to impress a reader and that is with the title. If the title is not compelling enough the reader will leave and is gone forever.
- Target low competition high search volume keywords in the beginning so that you can easily rank on those terms. They help you appear in search engines faster.
- Use Ahrefs to do competitor analysis. You can reverse engineer blogs and pages and find out the keywords that your competitors are ranking for and put those keywords in your content. Ahrefs reveals many related keywords that you didn’t know about.
- Include the keywords that appear in the meta descriptions of the AdWord copies that you see on the first page of Google. This strategy works because the advertisers pay for the keywords to get clicks and it implies that those keywords are of the high valve. You can also get clicks on those keywords.
- Use all H1 to H5 tags in your content copy with properly distributed and skimmable content. These tags let search engines know what your site is about and relevancy of your site to other sites in your market space.
- Give proper alt tags to images in the content. It is best to the keyword you are targeting in the particular post to be used as the alt tag. That can help your page rank better since Google cannot read images like it does with text. The alt tag is the identity of the image.
- Optimize images to reduce their file size- compress them. This will reduce your site loading time. If your content contains more images and graphics compressing them is must to keep low bounce rate.
- Keep URLs short and put keywords in them. Short URLs tend to rank better than longer ones. This is probably because Google thinks short URLs can be remembered.
- Create multiple web 2.0 sites with original and high-value content on them. You can create links from them to your main site. Their high domain authority will help you rank better.
- Create profile links from profile creation sites. Their high DA links help you rank higher but don’t overdo it because spamming there does not have an added advantage.
- Create the long form of content. The long form of content with the use of images and graphics help increase the on page time of your page. High on page time is a ranking factor and if you content copy is in depth compared to your competitors you can rank better than them.
- Reduce the bounce rate. This can be done by keeping the content skimmable with the use of bucket brigades. You can put a video at the top of the page after the introductory paragraph. This can keep the reader hooked to your page and it can reduce the bounce rate of your page.
- Create PDFs of your articles and make them downloadable in the corresponding articles with an exchange of email. This will help you in link building.
- Keep external links no-follow. That will inhibit the passage of link juice to other websites whom you link to.
- Interlink your pages and articles. That helps readers to navigate deep into your web content easily and get more views to your different content pieces.
- Use anchor text for interlinking. Don’t use words like “see here” or “click here.” Proper anchor text helps search engines to understand the relevance of the interlinked content pieces.
- Create predictably viral content that can be shared on Facebook and Twitter organically. This can be done by leveraging the power of content marketing.
- Create high-quality infographics and share them to create backlinks. They can also be used to create backlinks from authority websites by encouraging them to place your infographics on their sites.
- Put social share buttons in the beginning and at the end of the content pieces so that people can share it promptly and that can help you get more views.
- If you are using WordPress use a cache plugin like W3 Total Cache to clear the cached data regularly because that can increase your site loading time.
- Fix sitemap errors as soon as possible. That helps to keep away crawling errors which can affect your rankings.
- Have search engine friendly permalinks. Avoid using characters like- “?”,”!” and keep them plain simple. Eg. google.com/what-is-seo?—> google.com/what-is-seo
- Regularly update content. Users and Google love content that is updated and optimized regularly. Fresh content is the best way to retain readers and maintain your regular traffic.
- Connect with influencers and write guest posts to get backlinks from high domain authority websites and blogs. This is the ultimate way to get backlinks and become an authority.
- Provoke your audience to comment on your blog posts. More comments mean more engagement and it is a ranking factor helps you achieve higher rankings than your competitors.
These are some of the technical and non-technical SEO tips and tricks that will help you achieve higher rankings and ever-increasing traffic. Analysing competition in your industry and creating unique content, different from others is the key to achieve success in SEO.